Welcome to New England Daytrippers!
A small introduction…
Our names are Jennifer and Billy and we live less than an hour from the heart of Boston, MA. We’ve been a team ever since we met on a blind date back in 1990 at the Hard Rock Cafe. Both of us were born and raised in New England, went to school here, and continue to hold thriving careers.
We are on a mission to reach financial independence and fully retire in less than 4 years and 9 months. Where? That’s part of the fun! We already know we are two nerdy, die-hard New Englanders who are reluctant to leave a place we both love but all options are on the table. So hopefully you’ll join us while we travel around in search of our final retirement destination. We’ll also throw in some posts about money and our countdown to financial independence along the way!
A pandemic has brought America and the rest of the world to a grinding halt, therefore our travels have been delayed indefinitely. However, we promise to get back to our adventures as soon as we are allowed to do it safely.
Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons.Lailah Gifty Akita, Author of Pearls of Wisdom: Great mind
Some random facts about Jennifer (the writer)…
- I’m an aspiring artist.
- A free-spirited blogger who can’t keep a schedule.
- A foodie who loves to cook.
- An outdoor enthusiast.
Some random facts about Billy…
- I’m a comic addict who has visited over 125 comic book stores in New England, and still counting..
- A self-proclaimed super hero nerd turned Star Wars mega fan.
- I’m always listening to music – shoe gaze, 80’s psychedelic, classic rock, and anything else that sparks my interest.
- My favorite holiday is halloween.
Thank you for visiting the New England Day Trippers!
Jennifer and Billy